Calendar

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Zebra Kick!

Living in Africa has some advantages that one does not always take for granted. My Uncle and Aunt Hennie and Louise stay on a plot that is not fenced. The plot is part of a bigger farm that is stocked with game and is fenced with a game fencing.
While walking on the farm a Zebra came running toward Ursula and me. This is a bit unnatural since game is usually scared of humans and would rather move away.

The Zebra is tame and like to be stroked and fed. It also also does not like it if two people walk next to each other in the road, the Zebra wants to walk with one person in the road, bit of a problem if you are two people.
Image039
I saw she readies herself to kick and warned Ursula to stay away from her back. We took photos of the mare with my cell phone. While putting the cell phone in my pocket, with by back to her she kicked me. The hove caught me on me sideways on my chest and grazed my jaw. It hurt like hell but I was fine.
Well at least I had a funny story to tell is this gloomy week we had last week. Decided not to post photos of my chest....the busing look bad, the man boobs worse.

More photos here

No comments: