Calendar

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Photography Lesson

A while back I met Ronel, a professional photographer and she invited me to come and play with the lighting equipment in her studio.
I invited friends to join me for a a Saturday morning Photography Lesson. Ronel tough us a couple of things that we would normally not be able to do with our own equipment.
My dad, Therese, Henriette and I all have Canon cameras. Unfortunately Gert were not able to make it, but between all of us we have quite a collection of equipment. Ronel spoiled us with cookies and drinks during the day, and patiently answered all our questions.
We had a very beautiful and friendly model posing for us. My favorite photo is one with a single light box from the side. Must be honest I was not even talking to the model we were concentrating on the light an camera settings and laptop, so much was going on.
Image_0327
We also did simple things that did not require any special equipment other than a flash.
Cheerry in glass, Transparent glass and Light painting
IMG_8181
After the day in the studio I realized being a professional photographer is not just a matter of taking pictures, it is controlling every aspect of what is in the picture.

More photos here. Thanks for our time Ronel!

No comments: