Calendar

Friday, February 29, 2008

Camera back from the dead

After our last kayak trip my Minolta DiMage G400 digital camera was drenched with water. I removed the battery as soon as I saw the the fact.
G400
Back home I took the camera apart and saw the damp on the inside. I left it disassembled for a day or two, resisted the urge to put the battery back as long as possible. Eventually I put it back but the camera was dead as a duck. ...to he honest I was really upset. This little 4MegPixel camera is kicking my EOS 20D's but with quick fun pictures. It is extremely sharp and it still has a view finder something new point and shoot cameras don't have.

Kath wanted to toss it in the dustbin for me, I resisted.

The little silver bugger I was lying around on my desk for a month, I even took the charger plug out of the multi plug and put it away.
Some how the battery and the camera was separated but today while cleaning up my desk I slipped the battery back in to the camera and for fun switched it on.
It was alive!
Asking for the date on its bright LCD display, I quickly took a photo and the camera seems to be OK! I'm so happy. Going to buy a new waterproof Pelican case for this little one as well as a 1G SD card.

No comments: