Calendar

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Rugby World Cup Final

Wow! The Springboks are in the final!
Throughout the world cup I found myself watching more and more rugby. Even offering my own opinion on some of the games and criticizing some players, like a true coutch rugby expert.
Fortunately the Bokke made it to the final and we had to go BIG for the game.
IMG_1174
Gert bought a generator to make sure that we won't miss anything with the load shedding that is crippling our economy. He also upgraded his TV to 50".
I bought a Keg of Heineken and between me and Delené we were ready to finish it.
Ursula prepared snacks for us and we were pitched in front of the TV. Andre also joined us and we were in for a exiting 80 minutes.

Wow the Bokke won the final and we are the World champions for the next four years. (Note that I'm talking in the plural form) The country is taken over by Bok fever. People wore Springbok jersies to church, hair was spry green. We even thought the coach would stay employed...ok only for a day.
It is incredible to see what an effect a successful world cup campaign had on the morale of the country. I'm starting to look forward to the FIFA world cup 2010.

More photos here

No comments: