Calendar

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Clay Target Shooting

Circumstances has forced my brother to consider emigrating to New Zeeland. He is on is way to hack out a new life for him and his family. It is a real sad time for me and my Dad since New Zeeland is 11 hours out of phase with South Africa, which puts it on the other side of the globe. Well at least it is also in the Southern hemisphere so the seasons are the same.
IMG_0663
The fact of the matter is that we are not going to see my brother and his family so often any more.

I wanted to do something memorable that the three of us can remember for a while. Quite by chance I bumped into a friend that suggested clay target shooting as something to do together. I organized it and the club was able to accommodate me on quite short notice, highly appreciated.

Clay target shooting is not as easy as it looks. We grew up with shotguns, .22 and air rifles as children but this is a bit different to shoot a moving target. I don't know what happened but Leonard was about 50% better than me or my dad. I think he had some aggression he had to get rid of, the little orange targets were definitely on the receiving end.
IMG_0696
It was great fun and is highly recommended. Don't know when the three of us will be able to try it again though.

The rest of the photos here

No comments: