Calendar

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Candle Holder



A few weeks ago we started making stepping stones, but one thing always leads to another. Soon we moved from making stepping stones to mosaic glass work.

Being a candle and moonlight girl I decided last Friday afternoon that I want to use mosaic glass piece to brighten up a clear glass candle holder.

With a hobby shop shopping bag filled with colorful off-cut-glass pieces and tools of the trade, I couldn't wait to get home.


Helgard used the glass cutter (green object) to cut and the tile nipper (black object) to brake the glass. Small colorful cut glass pieces were glued onto the glass candleholder and left for approximately 2 hours for the glue to set.



I thought that the shop assistant put all the tools that we needed in my shopping bag, but I had nothing to mix and apply the grout with.



Kitchen tools were used to mix and apply the grout, everything is clean again and food is grout free.





Excess grout was removed with a sponge in the basin.



I was so excited and could not wait to light a candle.

No comments: